[Crystal-core] Crystal Core Prerelease of Tech Demo: testers wanted!
Jorrit Tyberghein
2007-02-14 14:18:58 UTC
Soon I want to release the first tech demo of Crystal Core. But before
we do that I would like more people to test Crystal Core. So I made a
binary package for windows that should be relatively easy to install
(the real tech demo release will use an installer). You can download
the two needed packages here:

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/crystalcore/celstart_cc.zip
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/crystalcore/crystalcore.zip

Extract both archives in the same dir (so you get a 'celstart' and a
separate 'CC' directory on same toplevel). Then use the 'start.cmd'
(or 'start.sh' if you're on mingw) script to start CC.

Let me know how things go.

Greetings,
--
Project Manager of Crystal Space (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
and CEL (http://cel.crystalspace3d.org)
https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=649
Anders Wisur

Bjorn Hansen
2007-02-14 17:24:54 UTC
why is there an empty celstart.cfg file in the root directory of the
crystalcore.zip file?

I was hoping to have a look at this on my linux box, but haven't had any
luck getting it to work using the celstart for linux from the
crystalspace site. Is the celstart you've included in the zip here
different?

Bjørn
Post by Jorrit Tyberghein
Soon I want to release the first tech demo of Crystal Core. But before
we do that I would like more people to test Crystal Core. So I made a
binary package for windows that should be relatively easy to install
(the real tech demo release will use an installer). You can download
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/crystalcore/celstart_cc.zip
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/crystalcore/crystalcore.zip
Extract both archives in the same dir (so you get a 'celstart' and a
separate 'CC' directory on same toplevel). Then use the 'start.cmd'
(or 'start.sh' if you're on mingw) script to start CC.
Let me know how things go.
Greetings,
--
Bjørn Hansen
University of Washington
425-881-7706 (Fax)425-882-9137
Jorrit Tyberghein
2007-02-14 17:29:29 UTC
Post by Bjorn Hansen
why is there an empty celstart.cfg file in the root directory of the
crystalcore.zip file?
I was hoping to have a look at this on my linux box, but haven't had any
luck getting it to work using the celstart for linux from the
crystalspace site. Is the celstart you've included in the zip here
different?
Yes, it is based on latest trunk. 1.0 celstart is not sufficient for
CC. Easiest on linux is to just build celstart on your own.

Greetings,
Post by Bjorn Hansen
Bjørn
Jorrit Tyberghein
2007-02-16 07:57:22 UTC
I'm getting very little feedback. I would also like to hear from
people who managed to use it well with no problems.

Greetings,
Pablo Martin
2007-02-16 15:33:29 UTC
Hi! I also tested it with svn celstart and seems to work pretty well.
Only noticeable problem i had is when resizing the window the aim
pointer and aiming go totally off (starts aiming at random places and
also the pointer goes somewhere else).

Pablo
Greetings,
Amir Taaki

Brendon Costa
2007-02-16 20:42:45 UTC
One small issue.

In menu: Settings:System then click back expect to be back in Settings
but goes back to main menu. Other than that it seemed to worked fine. It
looks great and has come a long way since i saw it last.

Great work.

Brendon.
Bjorn Hansen
2007-02-16 21:14:25 UTC
erm, yea, I reported this back in November
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=37503996) but
there was not bug tracker at that time. . . kinda illustrates the need
for one mb.

Looks like there might be one now though:
http://crystalspace3d.org/main/Bugs
but there are no tickets there, so I'm a bit skeptical as to whether it
is used or not?
Brendon.
res
2007-02-16 21:36:18 UTC
Post by Bjorn Hansen
but there are no tickets there
They're waiting to be added ;)

-f.r.
Bjorn Hansen
2007-02-17 00:30:55 UTC
Post by res
Post by Bjorn Hansen
but there are no tickets there
They're waiting to be added ;)
excelent, bug ticket added ;)
425-881-7706 (Fax)425-882-9137
Bjorn Hansen
2007-02-20 01:29:44 UTC
k I built celstart in linux. The game works, but I got no sound.
Greetings,
Jorrit Tyberghein

Bjorn Hansen